"Accelerating the Movement of diversity and inclusion one data center at a time"
What Drives this Company?
BLT exists to provide an unconventional hub for all minorities in technology that seek to advance their network and enhance their skills. Our mission is to connect talented individuals with unique opportunities for employment, education, and leadership that might not otherwise be afforded to them due to ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
To create the strongest group of minority leaders in the technology industry.
To accelerate the movement of diversity and inclusion within the IT industry by providing opportunities for minorities, of both a professional and student background, to excel in their career.
Let's look at 2020 Statics:
(Preceding Coronavirus Pandemic)
Stem Professionals populate 31% men and 15% women. Within that statistic, Science or Engineers WITH degrees THAT ARE NOT working are 20% women, while 10% who are unemployed are men. In all workforce jobs, women account 57% but of that number, only 25% are in computing and tech industries. In those areas of computing and tech industries, men average 92k a year, while women average 75k.
Moving aside those numbers, 1% of African Americans make up TECH STARTUP companies. Less of that 1% are women!
Services We Offer
IT Career Enhancement Services
- Sat, Feb 06https://www.eventbrite.com/Feb 06, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM ESThttps://www.eventbrite.com/Blacks In Cybersecurity™ is a meetup group and conference series to help highlight and elevate minorities in Cybersecurity. The official mission of Blacks In Cybersecurity is to encourage the participation of people of color in Cybersecurity. The official vision of Blacks In Cybersecurity is to con
- Mon, Nov 09https://experience.afrotech.com/registerNov 09, 2020, 9:00 AM EST – Nov 14, 2020, 9:00 PM ESThttps://experience.afrotech.com/registerGet your ticket to AfroTech World 2020 - an immersive digital experience providing programming on emerging tech trends, recruiting with top tech companies and networking with industry leaders and other professionals. This experience is taking place November 9-14, 2020
- Fri, Oct 30https://www.eventbrite.com/
- Thu, Sep 24http://blackistechconference.com/Sep 24, 2020, 7:00 AM EDT – Sep 25, 2020, 3:00 PM EDThttp://blackistechconference.com/Black is Tech is one of the most anticipated conferences of the year. See several Black Leaders in the Tech Industry come to one location and share wealth and knowledge. Join the Fun: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/black-is-tech-virtual-2020-conference-summit-and-webinars-tickets-104070439486?aff=ebd
- Wed, Sep 16https://wonderwomentech.com/conferences/Sep 16, 2020, 8:00 PM EDT – Sep 19, 2020, 12:00 PM EDThttps://wonderwomentech.com/conferences/The CEO of Blerds Leading Technology is going to be apart of this incredible conference! Join us for a 4-day Interactive Virtual Summit. We’re bringing you several days of interactive experiences designed to innovate, inspire, and ignite you!
- Wed, Sep 16https://www.eventbrite.com/Sep 16, 2020, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EDThttps://www.eventbrite.com/Come learn about the opportunities in Cybersecurity from experts in the field, at the highest levels, and full tuition scholarships. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/black-tech-alabama-presents-serving-knowledge-cybersecurity-tickets-118204895023